Monday, January 24, 2011

Portrait and Self-Portrait Tips and Ideas

  • Use a mirror! It seems so obvious, but how to use mirrors is important, too – take it down from the wall, and experiment!
  • Have fun with it. Be sexy. Be yourself. Be awesome. Be different. Be creative. Whatever you do, have fun with it. That’s part of the point, after all.
  • Finally, a controversial tip which not everyone will agree with: If you set up the shot and you decide on the lighting and camera position and what you are doing, but get someone else to push the shutter, it’s still a self portrait (the other person is basically acting as your remote control) – so don’t be shy about asking for some help with your self-portraits. As Scott suggested: “I let my young daughter have the shutter release – means it stays random and I’m relaxed!” – brilliant idea!
Environmental
I chose this picture because just by looking at the portrait you can pretty much read his life story. I also how where he is positioned and show's his bed. If it didn't show a bed we would of probably thought it was just a portrait with things in the backround.


I chose this picture because I think it's a good picture and how everything else came out blurry (the part that isn't the main subject). He also kinda looks 3-D!

Photography Self-Portrait
I like this picture because it's cropped. And it shows enough detail to tell what it is and who it is. It shows his main partys of his face. It makes it a good picture.

I like this picture its cool and the color makes it interesting. He is using the rule of thirds.
Casual Portrait
I like this picture it's casual how you would go and take a picture of yourself when it's for something important. It's of course one of those when someone tells you to tilt your head and what not.

I like this picture because of the backround they used for the portrait. It makes it really pretty too.

I took pictures of me and my friend Stephanie Baquera. I tried making them in different angles and avoiding mergers and bluriness in the pictures. I took pictures outside and in the restroom and out in the hall way to make the subject a good according to the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment